With a Shaka Checking account, you can earn among the highest reward interest rates currently being offered in Hawaii!
To get this great rate, your account must have:
- 15 debit card point of sale transactions totaling $75+ each month
- Direct deposit of $25+ each month
If you don’t meet these requirements, you will still earn the base rate interest. See below for Shaka’s detailed rates.
If you have questions about our rates, call our Customer Service Center at 808-544-0500.
We’ve got your back.
And CPB has ours.
Shaka has deep roots. We’re backed by Central Pacific Bank,
which has been doing business in Hawaii for over 65 years.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective June 15, 2022. Interest rates may change at any time after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings on accounts.
|Balance Tiers||Base Interest Rate||Reward Interest Rate1||APY||Min. Balance to Open||Min. Balance2 to Earn Interest|
|Tier 1 Rate
$0 - $20,000
|Tier 2 Rate
$20,000.01 & Over
|0.03%||-||1.00% - 0.21%3||$25||$20,000.01|
 Our Shaka account has a special feature that pays a higher interest rate (Reward Interest Rate) and APY on Tier 1 balances if you meet ALL of the following transaction requirements during the calendar month:
- 15 or more debit card transactions (point of-sale purchases) post to your account during the month totaling $75 or more (ATM transactions do not qualify); and
- A qualified direct deposit is credited to your account during the month. A qualified direct deposit is a recurring electronic deposit of paychecks, Social Security benefits, or other regularly scheduled income payments of $25 or more (transfers from one account to another do not qualify).
When you meet all the transaction requirements, depending on your account balance, two different interest rates and APYs could be paid on your account during the month. The tiered interest rates and APYs shown above will be paid only on that portion of your balance that is within the tier range. If your account does not meet all the transaction requirements for the tiered rates, the Standard Rate Tier noted above will apply to your entire balance. The maximum monthly Reward Interest Rate earnings is $17.
 This is the daily balance (i.e., the amount of principal in the account each day).
 The APYs shown are for representative balances of $20,000.01 and $100,000. The APY decreases for larger balances because more interest is earned at the lower interest rate. Specifically, if you meet all the transaction requirements above during a calendar month, an APY of 1.00% would apply to account balances between $0 and $20,000. For account balances in excess of $20,000:
- An APY of 1.00% would apply to the first $20,000 of the total account balance; and
- An APY of 0.03% would apply to any portion of the account balance in excess of $20,000 (i.e., is equal to or greater than $20,000.01).
If your account contains a zero balance for 60 days, we reserve the right to automatically close the account.